- 2012.01.13 - Click here for syllabus and instructional objective for review documents
- 2012.01.26 - Click here for HW1 due Feb. 7
- 2012.02.06 - Click here for HW2 due Feb. 23
- 2012.02.28 - Click here for HW3 due Mar. 6
- 2012.03.06 - Click here for VCO_Homework
- 2012.03.20 - Click here for PLL_Homework due April 13
- Exam II will be on April 19th
- 2012.04.18 - Click here for PVT miniproject due May 3
- 2012.04.26 - Click here for 42jssc10-pappureference for process variation
- 2012.04.26 - Click here for Roy-Process Variation Paper reference for process variation
Spring. 4 Credits. Prerequisites: ECE 453 or equivalent, Familiarity with engineering statistics is recommended.
A survey of some advanced topics in analog VLSI including noise analysis, reference design, translinear circuits, oscillators, PVT variation, high speed I/O, and PLL design. Additional Topics will be added based on student interest. This course will have an emphasis on research and design as well as group work. Students are expected to have some knowledge or experience with analog VLSI.
TR 1:25 - 2:40 PM UPSON 215
Office: 412 Phillips Hall
Office Hours: Thursday 3.00-5.00 PM
(In case of instructor absence, office hours will be rescheduled)
E-mail: apsel at ece.cornell.edu
Office Hours: Monday/Wednesday 10-11:30AM
Location: Duffield 358
E-mail: bx29 at cornell.edu
- Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits, Behzad Razavi, McGraw-Hill, chapters 10,12,13.
Recommended Reference Texts and Papers:
- Design of Integrated Circuits for Optical Communications, Behzad Razavi, McGraw-HillCarver, chapters 4,5,9
- Design of Analog-Digital VLSI Circuits for Telecommunications and Signal Processing, edited by Y. Tsividis and J. Franca. Chapters 5, 6, 7, 8
- Analysis and Simulation of Noise in Non-linear Electronic Circuits and Systems, A. Demir and A. Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, Kluwer
- Low Noise Electronic System Design, C. Motchenbacher and J. Connelly, Wiley.
- We will also assign readings from research papers which will be posted to the webpage.
|Jan23||Review(Amplifier, stability, basics) and some advanced technqiues!||Razavi 1-6, 9-10 HW1 assigned|
|Jan30||High Performance Amplifiers and Review (Noise)||Razavi Ch.7|
|Feb6||Noise-Circuits and Theory||Razavi Ch.7, Motchenbacher 5,6 Johnson,Nyquist HW2 assigned|
|Feb13||Noise and Stability||Razavi Ch.9,10,14|
|Feb20||Oscillators I Exam I||Razavi Ch.14, HW3 assigned|
|Feb27||Oscillators II and Phase Noise||Razavi Ch. 14 Miniproject I assigned|
|March5||Translinear Circuits||TBA(Gilbert Paper)|
|March12||Phase Detectors/PLL||Razavi Ch. 15 Miniproject II|
|March19||SPRING BREAK||Razavi Ch. 15|
|March26||PLL's Exam II||Razavi Ch.15 + Papers TBA|
|April2||Bandgap References||Razavi Ch.12|
|April9||CDR(maybe)||Razavi (optional) Ch.9 Miniproject III|
|April16||Variation and Mismatch||TBA(Kinget/Pappu papers)|